Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ   Website Home Page

Board index » General Japanese Sword Forum » Beginners forum

Post subject: Weird stains on my new katana
 Post Posted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 8:41 am 

Hello everybody,

I recently buyed a new katana, it is not japanese made but it is a functional sword. I have two problems with the sword, firstly i noticed a weird black stain near the tip of the sword on the cutting edge and i tried to clean it off by using isopropyl alcohol and 3 in 1 oil but it didnt go away. I dont think that this is rust because its colour is not reddish brown but has a brown to black colour. Then i tried to use no. 7 metal polish to remove it but still no result. Then i read in a forum to use sand paper to remove this stain which i did, i removed the stain but sadly i think i scratched the sword and the scratches appear very black now. So my first cry for help is how to fix this and remove these ugly scratches.

My second problem is that later i noticed strange thin black lines in the middle of my blade which again dont appear to be rust because they are mostly black. I noticed these marks only on one side of the blade while cleaning my blade which i do once a week using kitchen paper, isopropyl 70% alcohol and for oil the 3 in 1 oil. Can you please tell me what might these marks be and how to remove/avoid them in future. I cant seem to attach the photos because a message keeps popping up that the board attachment quota has been reached, if there is any other way to show the pics to you please tell me. However, if you can give me your first opinions, I appreciate your kind help. Regards

Board index » General Japanese Sword Forum » Beginners forum